Salem VA Medical Center
About the Salem VA Medical Center
Since 1934, Salem VAMC has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our Nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 112,500 Veterans living in a 26-county area of southwestern Virginia.
For a Facility Overview and "Fast Facts" about Salem VAMC see Salem Fast Facts.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
In addition to our main facility in Salem, we offer services in five community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs). These clinics are located in Danville, Lynchburg, Staunton, Tazewell, and Wytheville, Virginia.
VHA Mission Statement
Honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA Vision Statement
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the Nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.
Core Values - "I CARE"
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.