Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
- Flag Presented to Salem VAMC Hospice Unit
- On December 15, 2014, Mr. Douglas Burnette, President of the Vietnam Veterans Association Chapter 81 presented a ceremonial flag to the Salem VAMC Hospice Unit for display, in memory of Veterans who have passed away.
- WATER MANAGEMENT MONITORING AND LEGIONELLA
- There have been no confirmed cases of Legionella disease contracted by inpatients or employees from the Salem VAMC. We had one Veteran outpatient who was admitted, treated appropriately and released.
- 2014 VA2K Walk and Roll
- Salem VAMC will be hosting its annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014 from 12-1p. The total distance is 2K (1.25 miles). We will meet outside the Auditorium (Building 5); if inclement weather we will meet inside.
- Veterans Only Regional Job Fair
- Salem VAMC will host the 3rd Annual Veterans Only Regional Job Fair on April 30, 2014, from 9a-2p in the Auditorium. About 30 employers will be on site to help Veterans find a job.
- Ribbon-Cutting for Salem Mental Health Building
- Salem VA Medical Center hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Acute Mental Health Inpatient Building 170 on November 20, 2013 with focus on patient-centered care and patient safety.
- Veterans Events at Commonwealth Games of Virginia
- The Subway Commonwealth Games of Virginia on July 20-21, 2013, will offer 5 sporting events with special Veterans Divisions: Track and Field, Bowling, Archery, Shooting, and a 5K Run.
- E-Donate is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- We Have A New Look!
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
- Salem VAMC 3rd Annual VA 2K Walk and Roll
- Join the fun - get exercise while benefitting Veterans who are homeless.
- 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Walk
- Join us in our 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Walk on April 19 beginning with registration at 4:30p in front of Building 5 (Auditorium).
From the Veterans Health Administration
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where heís receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, itís difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to Americaís Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.