Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
- 2014 VA2K Walk and Roll
- Salem VAMC will be hosting its annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014 from 12-1p. The total distance is 2K (1.25 miles). We will meet outside the Auditorium (Building 5); if inclement weather we will meet inside.
- Veterans Only Regional Job Fair
- Salem VAMC will host the 3rd Annual Veterans Only Regional Job Fair on April 30, 2014, from 9a-2p in the Auditorium. About 30 employers will be on site to help Veterans find a job.
- Ribbon-Cutting for Salem Mental Health Building
- Salem VA Medical Center hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Acute Mental Health Inpatient Building 170 on November 20, 2013 with focus on patient-centered care and patient safety.
- Veterans Events at Commonwealth Games of Virginia
- The Subway Commonwealth Games of Virginia on July 20-21, 2013, will offer 5 sporting events with special Veterans Divisions: Track and Field, Bowling, Archery, Shooting, and a 5K Run.
- E-Donate is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- We Have A New Look!
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
- Salem VAMC 3rd Annual VA 2K Walk and Roll
- Join the fun - get exercise while benefitting Veterans who are homeless.
- 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Walk
- Join us in our 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Walk on April 19 beginning with registration at 4:30p in front of Building 5 (Auditorium).
- 2013 Veterans Job Fair
- In 2012, over 500 Veterans came out to the Regional Veterans Job Fair. If you are a Veteran looking for employment come to the Salem VAMC Auditorium (Building 5) on April 30th between 9a-2p.
- 2013 Valentines for Veterans Concert
- Country music artist, Daryle Singletary, will perform at the 2013 Valentines for Veterans Concert on February 12, 2013 at 7pm, at the Salem Civic Center.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.
- Summer Reminder: Sunglasses Protect Your Eyes
- Veterans should be cautious and protect their eyes from the sun. Good quality sunglasses are recommended when outdoors, even if it’s for a few minutes at a time.
- 10 of the Stories Most Read by Vets on VA Web Site
- The web site for the Veterans Health Administration is a helpful gateway to numerous resources for Veterans and their families. Here are just a few of the most popular features posted this past year.
- VA Health Care System Named Most Wired - Again!
- For the second year in a row, VA has been named to the 2014 “Most Wired” hospitals list, a national survey ranking hospitals leveraging health information technology in new and innovative ways.
- Nurse Navigator Simplifies the Maze for Patients
- Hospitals can be a maze. That’s why Joan Stewart and Debera Charlton are amazing. The Nurse Navigator steer patients through the treatment systems at Montana’s VA Medical Center.
- VA Hosts July 4th Ceremonies for Veterans
- Hundreds of VA employees and volunteers at VA Medical Centers across the country spend their July 4th holiday hosting special events for the men and women we serve — America’s Veterans.
- Senior Veterans Going for the Gold - One More Time
- Hundreds of Veterans are heading to the Ozark Mountains for the Golden Age Games, designed to improve the quality of life for older Veterans with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
- I Cannot Be This Person
- Finding it hard to be home alone or feel comfortable in public places, Laura Hendrixon is determined to get better for her family and her career.
- Connecting Veterans with Telehealth
- The relationship between patients and the health care system will dramatically change with telehealth. High levels of patient satisfaction and positive outcomes say this is the right direction.