Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
- 2014 VA2K Walk and Roll
- Salem VAMC will be hosting its annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014 from 12-1p. The total distance is 2K (1.25 miles). We will meet outside the Auditorium (Building 5); if inclement weather we will meet inside.
- Veterans Only Regional Job Fair
- Salem VAMC will host the 3rd Annual Veterans Only Regional Job Fair on April 30, 2014, from 9a-2p in the Auditorium. About 30 employers will be on site to help Veterans find a job.
- Ribbon-Cutting for Salem Mental Health Building
- Salem VA Medical Center hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Acute Mental Health Inpatient Building 170 on November 20, 2013 with focus on patient-centered care and patient safety.
- Veterans Events at Commonwealth Games of Virginia
- The Subway Commonwealth Games of Virginia on July 20-21, 2013, will offer 5 sporting events with special Veterans Divisions: Track and Field, Bowling, Archery, Shooting, and a 5K Run.
- E-Donate is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- We Have A New Look!
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
- Salem VAMC 3rd Annual VA 2K Walk and Roll
- Join the fun - get exercise while benefitting Veterans who are homeless.
- 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Walk
- Join us in our 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Walk on April 19 beginning with registration at 4:30p in front of Building 5 (Auditorium).
- 2013 Veterans Job Fair
- In 2012, over 500 Veterans came out to the Regional Veterans Job Fair. If you are a Veteran looking for employment come to the Salem VAMC Auditorium (Building 5) on April 30th between 9a-2p.
- 2013 Valentines for Veterans Concert
- Country music artist, Daryle Singletary, will perform at the 2013 Valentines for Veterans Concert on February 12, 2013 at 7pm, at the Salem Civic Center.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.