Salem VA Medical Center
The Salem VAMC has an established research and development program that includes —
- Pharmaceutically-sponsored clinical research
- VA-sponsored research and nationally administered Cooperative Study Projects
- Investigator-initiated projects
Our current research studies enhance the medical center's ability to provide state-of-the-art medical techniques and treatments to Veterans.
Some of our research projects include:
Educational materials for Veterans who may be asked to take part in a VA research study are available by clicking the image. These materials provide basic information about VA research and summarize Veterans' rights and welfare. The materials cover topics such as:
What is a research study?
- Are there benefits to being in a research study?
- Are there risks or side effects in a research study?
- What questions should I ask to take part in a research study?
- What is informed consent?
This booklet captures some of the contributions made this past year throughout the Research Group at Salem VA Medical Center. To view the book, click here.
- Salem VA Medical Center
- 540-982-2463 Ext. 2029
- 888-982-2463 Ext. 2029
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm