Salem VA Medical Center
Spinal Cord Injury
Veterans residing in Salem VA Medical Center's catchment area with spinal cord injuries are treated at the Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Center at the Richmond, Virginia VA Medical Center. Recognizing the difficulty of transportation and the need to provide an alternative to inpatient care at a SCI Center, our SCI Outpatient Support Clinic was established in 1993.
The SCI Outpatient Support Clinic provides basic ambulatory and screening services to eligible Veterans who sustained injury to the spinal cord, or who have other non-traumatic injuries, such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS), or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig Disease).
- Annual SCI physical
- Summary of yearly physical examination findings shared with Veteran and follow-up/coordination with the Richmond VAMC SCI Center as appropriate
- Supplies and medications
- Evaluation and ordering of durable medical equipment
- Preventive health education
- Timely treatment interventions
- Personalized interdisciplinary care
Spinal Cord Injury Clinic, Building 143
- 540-982-2463 Ext. 2313
- 888-982-2463 Ext. 2313
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm